Candle from a Bottle
- glass bottle
- glass cutter
- hot water
- cold water
- candle wax
1. Lightly score the bottle with the glass cutter.
2. Pour boiling water over the bottle making sure to only heat up the area around the score marks.
3. Quickly run the bottle under cold water. The glass will crack when it’s ready. If necessary, pour more hot water and repeat until you hear it crack.
4. Apply a little pressure and the two piece will separate.
5. Sand down the sharp edges.
6. Now you can use them as drinking glasses or fill them with candle wax and make candles.
I use the wax I have leftover in old candles to fill them.